- This asana brings relief to people having arthitis and rheumatism by redusing pain and stiffness in the knees and ankles.
- Those feeling heavy after eating may do this asana immediately to feel lighter.
- It helps in enhancing the movement of the chest for better respiration and hence ideal for singers.
- Sit on the buttocks with the knees folded and kept together.
- Fold the legs at the knees with the toes pointing backwards, and rest the knees and toes on the floor.
- Allow the palms to rest on the knees.
- Bend the chest a little forward so that the weight of the body is on knees.
- Stretch the abdomen upright, keeping the back erect.
- Breathe normally.
- Extend the hands in front of the chest, interlock the fingers and open out the palms.
- Raise the hands above the head, keeping the upper arm behind the ears and palms facing the sky.
Time required : 30 seconds
Sum up: This asana can be performed even after meals in order to relieve the heavy feeling. Initially this asana can be practised by placing folded blankets under the buttocks or resting the buttocks on the feet, to give a cushioning effect to the buttocks.
MantraOnNet.com, All Rights Reserved