- Sirsa means head and this head stand asana is known as the king of asanas.
- This asana enables the two important glands responsible for growth vix. pineal and pituitary to receive adequate blood supply.
- As pure blood flows through the brain cells one feels healthier and experience clarity of thought and vigour.
- Kneel on the floor and leaning forward, rest the elbows on the floor and interlock the fingers.
- Keep the top of the head in between the clasped hands and elbows.
- Exhale and slowly lift the legs first resting on the toes and then streching upwards toes pointing towards the sky.
- Remain in this pose for 20 seconds.
- Breathe normally. Repeat.
Sum up: This asana may be performed slowly increasing the duration of keeping the legs in the raised position. It must be performed on an empty stomach.
MantraOnNet.com, All Rights Reserved