- There is a perfect union of the mind, the body and the soul.
- The firm lock of the chin helps in pure blood supply to the thyroid and para-thyroid glangs.
- The body is in an inverted position and so it feels light and the brain sublime.
- People suffering from asthma, bronchitis and throat problems get tremendous relief, bowel movements are easy too.
- The haemoglobin level in the blood also improves. In other words, this is an ideal strength giving exercise and expands the span of youth when practised regularly.
- Lie on the floor on the back with the body fully streched.
- Fill your lungs with air; inhale deeply. Lift the legs from the thigh to the toe upwards.
- Raise the hips and trunk along with legs in a slow continuous movement, supporting the back with both hands. Only the back of the head and shoulder are kept on the floor firmly and the entire weight of the body rests on them.
- Keep the legs in an upright pose loes pointing upwards to the sky and look towards the toes. Place the chin at the bottom of the neck.
- Remain for 30 seconds in this pose.
- Breathe normally.
Time required: 45 seconds.
Sum up: Please suffering from high blood pressure should not attempyt this asana. Beginners may do this asana by taking somebody's help to hold the leg upright till they can do it on their own.
MantraOnNet.com, All Rights Reserved