- Being foremost of all the forward bending asanas, in this asana the entire back muscle is made to stretch forward. There is a flow of prana through the important organs of the body.
- It activates the liver, kidneys, bladder and pancreas and hence the digestive, excretory and glandular organs funstion properly. The brain also rests.
- The asana also makes the reproductive organs healthier, reducing the chance of impotency.
- Sit down with both legs extended forwards.
- Keep the heels, back of the legs and buttocks firmly rested on the floor.
- Extend the palms to take a firm grip of the soles, keep the upper spine, slighly bent without curving the back or drooping the chest; pull the abdomen upwards.
- Slighly bend the elbows and exhale; slowly lower the torso and head.
- Rest thge forehead on the legs. The tip of the nose should touch the knees, the back is to be kept straight, and the elbows should touch the floor besides the shin of the legs on either side.
- If the lower side of the legs are pressed downwards and the upper part of the legs are pulled upwards, then a better posture can be attained.
- Remain in this pose for 30 seconds.
- While raising the head upwards, inhale.
MantraOnNet.com, All Rights Reserved