- This asana gives firmness to the thighs and stretches the knees, ankles and pelvic joints.
- It is effective in relieving urinary disorders, keeps the kidneys healthy, and improves blood circulation in the pelvis, abdomen and back.
- It is useful for women suffering from menstrual disorders as the functioning of the ovaries improves.
- Stretch the legs forward in a seated position.
- Fold the legs at the knee and bring the feet together, and clasp the feet with the palms.
- Slowly rest the knees down on the floor till a tight stretch is felt at the thighs and joints.
- Remain in this pose for 30 seconds.
- Breathe normally. Repeat.
Time required: 40 seconds.
Sum up: This asana is a boon to women, particularly pregnant women. They will experience less pain at the time of labour and also be free from varicose veins. It may be difficult to make the knees touch the floor but continuous repetition would enable easy achievement of the posture.
MantraOnNet.com, All Rights Reserved