Ardha means half and Matsyendranath was the first yogi to teach this asana to the world.
- This asana stimulates the appetite and awakens the Kundalini.
- It also increases the elasticity of back muscles and abdominal muscles and improves blood circulation too.
- Sit on the floor, bend the right leg at the knee and place the right heel near the buttock below the perenium.
- Bend the left knee, place the left ankle on the outer side of the right knee.
- Rest the right armpit on the other side of the left thigh.
- Gently push the knee backwards to touch the back of the armpit and hold the toe of the left foot with the right hand.
- Exhaling, twist the torso backwards to the farthest possible, putting force on the left shoulder.
- Turn the head also towards the left and look ahead. The neck and left shoulder should be aligned.
- Move left hand backwards and hold the right thigh.
- Keep the back, abdomen and chest erect.
- Remain in this posture for 30 seconds.
MantraOnNet.com, All Rights Reserved